On Your Side in Davenport
- Andrew served as Member of Parliament for Davenport from 2011 to 2015 and Official Opposition Critic for Housing, Immigration, and Arts and Culture. As MP he pushed the government to adopt a National Affordable Housing Strategy and saved households millions of dollars by forcing a ban on unfair billing fees by big phone and Internet companies.
- He called for bold action on climate change, working tirelessly with the community to stop the use of diesel fuel on the UP Express. He was and continues to be a strong advocate for immigrant families trying to reunite with loved ones.
- Andrew has always fought for protections for workers, including independent workers. In Parliament, he campaigned for and won labour protections for unpaid interns. In 2016, he co-founded and led the Urban Worker Project to raise the voices and the issues of self-employed, freelance and contract workers.
- Andrew wants to see changes to our tax system so that big corporations finally pay their fair share and he’s determined to ensure that the voices of hard working Torontonians are heard loud and clear in Ottawa.
- Andrew is a Juno Award winning singer/songwriter, composer and journalist. He lives in Davenport with his wife Michelle Shook and their kids.
Are you ready to take action?
Singh's New Deal for People: Expanding Health Care to Cover You from Head to Toe
The NDP will bring in a new deal for health care we can all count on -- to save lives, save time and save money for all of us.more »
NDP Statement on the Upsurge in Violence in Mali and Canada's Disengagement from UNMISMA
Guy Caron (Rimouski-Neigette–Témiscouata–Les Basques), NDP Foreign Affairs Critic, and Randall Garrison (Esquimalt–Saanich–Sooke), NDP National Defence Critic, issued the following statement:more »
The NDP Reacts to Uprisings in Hong Kong
NDP Foreign Affairs Critic, Guy Caron (Rimouski-Neigette—Témiscouata—Les Basques), issued the following statement:more »